Friday 17 April 2015

Stata goes Bayesian

The other day, my colleague Gareth pointed out a very interesting piece of news. The new version of Stata is just out. Now, I'm not a super-Stata user (although I think it's a good package), but the interesting news is that they have now developed a specific module for Bayesian analysis.  

This was probably coming $-$ I've recently reviewed a new book exploring the integration of Stata and BUGS, pretty much similar to the R2OpenBUGS package for R (there are in fact a few similar packages to interface MCMC software such as JAGS or Stan or WinBUGS to R). The new version of Stata can now skip this step (by and large) as many "more or less" Bayesian models have been hard-coded and can be fitted using standard Stata commands. 

I'll check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment